– The entire house was cleaned Friday by the girls and I (in case you were wondering that’s a 4 hour done in 8, thanks to their “help”. I could have done it without them, but I wouldn’t have laughed as hard)
– I cashed a US cheque and discovered the Canadian dollar is higher. When did that happen?!
– The above discovery made me regret not having a current passport for the girls and I, and has now bumped it and a trip State Side soon for some serious shopping
– Corey spent all day snowmobiling with all the guys from his division from work! Have I mentioned his boss and the company he works for ROCK! He came home happy, tired and a little bit sore
– Corey brought home flowers for his wife with a card that said, “Because you make me happy! Love Corey Bear” have I mentioned my husband ROCKS!
– We took the girls skating for the first time on Saturday. Bethany cried 2/3 of the time, her skates I found out after were hurting her (she didn’t tell me), I remembered how much I LOVE being on the ice, Corey remembered he can’t stop and Audrey decided she likes going for a ride in the stroller on ice – a lot!
– Hot chocolate after skating for the girls was worth all the tears. Bethany was so proud of her “big girl” cup
– Saturday I spent 2 hours vacuuming out our vehicles and washing the interiors down. Two thing surprised me, 1. I didn’t realize they were that bad and 2. I forgot how great a freshly cleaned vehicle smells
– Corey and the girls spent Saturday afternoon playing with all 3 of their remote control trucks outside and riding tricycles
– A cold has once again entered our home, Audrey was attacked first and Saturday night had us discover the cold decided to house its self in her ears (we spent 4 hours awake in the middle of the night and watched Dora until the Tylenol soothed her) a visit to the doctor Sunday morning confirmed ear infection. This added to the 3 bladder infections the poor kid has had in less than 2 months means her 4 bout of antibiotics in as many months. It sucks for her, a lot.
– Bethany sounds like she’s getting it and I have a feeling it’s creeping my way too. I plan to kill it with an entire bowl of roasted garlic hummus
– Grammy and Papa babysat for us Sunday afternoon so that Corey and I had some time alone together
– We went to Ikea and found some cute stools and Valentine’s crafts
– Of course we went to Sbucks, and as good as my tea was Sbucks in Langley smelt like a rotten fish – it kinda killed the moment
– Somebody said there was a football game today that was important. I ignored them and chose not to care (I totally don’t get football and a bunch of dudes running around in pants that tight makes me giggle and roll my eyes. Hockey is waaaaaay better!)
Even when there are bumps in the road – tears on the ice, tears in the night, snot on your favourite shirt and exhaustion that makes thinking almost impossible, I love our weekends. These people who are mine are great, their hugs and kisses make everything else disappear and I love them so much!
Hope you had a great weekend too!