Everybody has a favourite quote, saying or idiom (not idiot – we’re not going there) that they love. Whether it’s framed on your walls, written in your day planner or something you say every second sentence, we all have them.
The past few weeks it seems I’ve stumbled across a TON of new quotes and phrases that float my boat. Some funny, other’s sappy and the best of them – intensely sarcastic.
And, since you and I both know that I have a serious case of Mommy brain, I figured I’d share them with you (so you could laugh/cry/snort with me) and have them written down somewhere for eternity. That way, when I forget, and we all know I will, I can search it and voila – Brain refresh!
– “If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie and wipe the seaty!” This one is courtesy of my Dad and pretty much I think it should be a man’s motto in life!
– “Apologizing does not always mean that you’re wrong and the other person is right. It means that you value your relationship more than your ego.” Facebook is to thank for this one and I love it! I’m a firm believer in “I’m Sorry”, both when you’ve been wrong and when you’ve handled something wrong – just because you’re right doesn’t give you license to hurt someone’s feelings.
-“Judging a person doesn’t define who they are. It defines who you are”
– “Never sacrifice who you are because someone has a problem with it”
– “You only have on Mom and you should take care of her” – Sean 12 years old
– “If your Mom says “No” she means it. If your Dad says it, he means “Maybe” ” Joseph 13
– “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but who’s place no one else can take” Cardinal Mermillod
– “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, any more than standing in the garage makes you a car”
– “A perfect parent is a person with excellent child rearing theories. And no actual children” – Courtesy of Instagram and Jen over at Hey, Mrs. Wilson!
– “If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we’ve got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition. And then admit that we just don’t want to do it” – This struck a big chord for me. One I’ll share another day.
See, I told you a whole LOT of quotes!
What about you? What’s your favourite quote?